Esports promotes a toxic culture?

The topic I will be researching on for my project is if eSports promotes a toxic culture. eSports or electronic sports is a professional competition for video games. Since the rise of internet in the late 20th century, online competitions have been more accessible. Every child now has at least played a sort of online game. Now that internet has advanced to the point where people are able to play each other real-time, competitions have been taken to a level where people are becoming full-time professionals. These professionals often stream online their gameplay as a source of entertainment for their fans. Toxic communities are born as eSports grows. 


Comments

  1. This is a fairly new realm that you're exploring , so I think it's beneficial to shed some light on it since not many people are too familiar with it. I'd love to see the outcome of this research. Are you delving deeper into the psychology of players? That would be interesting to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very interesting topic that you are researching. eSports is just gaining some popularity in the "gaming world". I think that digging deeper into how eSports have affected people physically and mentally would be interesting to research. Have you also heard of eSports trying to get in the Olympics?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently found our that eSports is getting bigger among age group since I was talking to a friend about it - there's even a club in Baruch for eSports which I thought was very interesting. I would love to read more about eSports and see what you have to share about it. Great topic!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts